Welcome to the Columbus Division of Police Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please note the following:
You CAN NOT file a report if:
- This is an Emergency. (Please call 911)
- If you need to file a Motor Vehicle Accident please click HERE
- This incident occured OUTSIDE the Columbus City limits.
- There is suspect (s) information.
- Suspect information is name and address.
- You are reporting a theft offense, and the value of the stolen property is more than $3,000.
- You are reporting a theft offense, and the stolen property is a firearm (gun), license plates, a stolen motor vehicle, or hazardous material.
- You are reporting Property Destruction, and the damage is valued at more than $3,000.
- There is evidence to indicate that this is a hate crime or bias relate.
- There is any physical evidence connected to the crime that needs to be collected (i.e. blood, obvious fingerprints).
You may report identity theft (with no suspects) online through our COPLOGIC Reporting system at www.columbuspolice.org, by clicking the link that says file a report. If you do not have access to the internet please call (614) 645-4717, select the prompt for an OA callback. Leave your name and telephone number and an Office Assistant will return your call and take a report.
If you are reporting a lost or stolen bicycle and you are enrolled in The City Of Columbus’ “Bug Your Bike” program, please notate this in the narrative section of your COPLOGIC report. If you would like to register a bicycle that is not already lost or stolen please go to http://www.columbus.gov/BugYourBike/
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report case number.
- Be notified of any problems with your report once it has been viewed by a Police Records Technician.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All police reports filed online will be reviewed by a Records Technician before being accepted by the Columbus Division of Police .
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Once your online report has been approved by a Police Records Technician, you will receive a permanent case number and a .pdf copy as an attachment by email within approximately five business days.
- ****We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time and it may take up to two (2) weeks to see your report in our main system. In the mean time you are able to use the COPLOGIC report, with the permanent number attached (this is the report number you receive as an email when your report is approved; for example: 115******) as an official report. **** We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- In the attached report, sensitive information has been replaced with ****** in order to maintain privacy in emails.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Columbus Division of Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
(To begin filling an on-line report, please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking.)
To add information or property to a police report that has already been filed , please read below before proceeding!
If you have already filed a police report, either on-line or in person with a police officer, you can use this feature to add the following information to your report:
To add additional information to a report that has already been filed you will need the following information:
If you have the required information to add additional information to your police report, please click the link below to continue:
Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting