If you have been involved in an accident, and need to file a crash report, please read and follow the below instructions:
1. Be sure that the accident occured within the geographical boundaries of the City of Columbus. You may not file a report with the Columbus, Ohio Division of Police that did not occur within the City limits. If your accident occurred within another jurisdiction, you must contact that jurisdiction to file the report. If you are not sure, call the Columbus Police non-emergency number at 645-4545.
2. The form you are requesting is in .pdf format. In order to print a copy of the form you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have that program, you may download a free copy of it by using the link provided here:
3. Open and print the Crash Report Instruction Sheet
4. Open and print the Crash Report
5. Following the instructions on the Instruction Sheet, complete the crash report. IMPORTANT: DON'T FORGET TO SIGN THE REPORT! You may bring the report into Police Headquarters at 120 Marconi Blvd, or mail the report to the address included on the second page of instructions.